Digital transformation, the integration of digital technology into business areas, has become a part of today’s business processes and operations. Beyond this, digital transformation leads to major changes on how a business operates and delivers value to its customers, as technology achievements integrate into current processes.
Business processes may consist of sub processes and tasks that run through several functions, which in turn may be managed through distinct applications. Entities, such as customers or vendors, may have different application repositories to store parts of their master information. Processes often require user intervention such as approvals, validations, rejections etc. to proceed and may handle business rules and become intelligent, with machine learning techniques.
Integration platforms supporting such processes should be based on an architecture that provides the corresponding end-to-end capabilities and fulfills necessary design principles for digital transformation to be feasible. It should also provide the framework for incorporating workflows/human interaction modules easily, as well as monitor, evaluate, and easy readjust modules, necessary for adopting intelligent modules and exploiting the benefits of process automation.
Enterprise Integration Architecture
Integration projects are large projects involving several partners, applications and technologies, and they often demand handling complicated challenges. Enterprise-Service Service-Bus-based platforms can face these challenges more efficiently and provide the necessary features, such as:
- Performance, scalability and high availability
- Connectivity industry standards support
- Code abstraction and high-level development environment
- Transaction processing, with guarantee message delivery
- Drill-down monitor and reporting
Contrary to on-premises integration installations, if best practices have been followed, cloud installations require less initial costs, exploit better flexible resource management capabilities, and they address the needs of mid or small-scale businesses as well.
Here are two examples on how enterprise integration can assist your digital transformation. The first one deals with master data integration and management, providing an essential basis for analytics, while the second one deals with integrating SAP Success Factors, a typical human resources digital transformation example, a function that contains sensitive information which very often being difficult to be measured
Table of Contents
- Challenges When Introducing an Enterprise Integration Platform.
- Design Principles of Application Integration Architecture
- End to End Capabilities of an Enterprise Integration Platform
- SaaS integration best practices
- Agile MDM Cloud Integration and Enterprise Bus Platforms
- Integrating SAP SuccessFactors
- Elastic load balancer: What it is and how does it work?
- 7 Benefits Realized Through Digital Process Automation
- EDI Legacy Integration vs. Enterprise Bus Platform
Digital transformation is imperative to the success of all businesses today, from the small to the enterprise. Enterprise Service Bus platforms is a key factor in digital transformation since they provide an efficient, easy-to-use and flexible platform for constructing composite applications that can efficiently support cross functional automated processes