The 4 Issues That Will Guide the Future of Museums
- Visitors, in line with the general population at large, are incredibly tech-savvy and very plugged into the digital world. They are able to easily access a vast array of information and entertainment without ever having to step foot outside of their homes. This poses the challenge of spectacle to the museum. The experience has to be an enhanced one when compared to the museums of yesteryear as visitors demand a greater return when they do spend their time and money. There is so much to do online, therefore something has to be presented which cannot be replicated from the couch.
- Rising competition amongst museums looking to attract more visitors has led to an increase in spending on marketing related activities.
- Governmental budgetary considerations has led to a reduction in grants and other public monies.
- Geopolitical instability has adversely impacted both the tourism and the museum industries, which typically go hand-in-hand.
Museums Digitization Strategies
Museums and global presence
Globalization and technology are forcing museums to reconsider their place in the world. Cultural centers for their communities for centuries, museums now face unprecedented changes in their customers and competition. New educational and entertainment outlets pop up daily drawing in customers that would otherwise spend their day patronizing their local museums and art institutes.
Exploring New Methods In Museum Visitor Experience
In today’s world, competing for attention is a necessary skill; essentially, everyone is trying to grab a share from a finite resource of attention. This means that the museums, like all cultural institutions, are competing against a whole raft of other entertainment options. Combine this with ever-changing demographics, trends and increasing expectations of museum visitors. For museums, a cloud-based digital transformation is only the beginning of a new journey.
Digital Marketing Tools And Strategies For Museums
Optimize digital marketing campaigns, Expand online visibility, Maximize ticket sales and admissions, Achieve tangible ROI.
Most museums only brand their collections, exhibits, events, programs, et cetera. In fact, this is one of the few places museum marketing has succeeded so far. However, a good brand should define who you are as an organization.
It is more than just your logo, identity, or tagline. It is your unique purpose, your emotional connection, to your visitors and the communities you serve. It is the role your museum plays in the world.
Learn More about Our Museum Software Product Line
Take the Next Step
Nonprofit Deep Discount
Ready to learn how Salesforce can help you do more?
- Salesforce.org’s “Power of Us” program makes Salesforce technology more accessible to nonprofits.
- For us, it's about more than providing the best technology. It's about changing the world. Through our philanthropic programs, we work with institutions like yours to create lasting impact.
How could a different approach to technology be implemented?
Digital Transformation Roadmap:
Introduce state of the art augmented reality to provide the visitor a truly unique and incomparable experience.
- An improved mechanism from which to better support services, such as a centralized, shareable, and collaborative database
A 360-degree understanding of visitors, members and donors through a cloud-based CRM - to holistically understand who they are and what motivates their decision to visit.
Software purpose-built to optimize a visitor’s mobile experience.
A personalized museum visit based on pertinent data known about an individual visitor.
Dramatically enhanced software packages designed to support all types of transactions – Whether these take place on-site or online.
- Marketing automation to improve customer interaction and gain new insights
Discover Museums Like Yours Who Have Found Success
The Institute Of Contemporary Art Developed A Customer-Centric Focus
Category: Salesforce for Finance
Salesforce Helps The Museum Of Modern Art To Truly Understand Their Visitors
Category: Salesforce for Finance